Writers, in general, tend to live inside their heads most of the time. Thus, losing their sense of reality due to constant world-making, and imagining situations to make the story they are making more interesting. Long story short—they’re clueless! So, what are the odds a writer may fall for someone? Apparently, zero. So, if you (yes, you, the one reading this now) want to attract a writer, here are the ways you can seduce a writer:
1. MAKE IT OBVIOUS
– Let me reiterate what I just said. Writers are clueless. And if they are not, they’re eyes are wide open and they use whatever you’re doing for their story and not take you seriously. This contradicts to the ‘make it obvious’ scenario. So, if you end up meeting a writer whose eyes are wide open, chances are, you are just an object to their story. No worries, though. It’s nothing personal. But if they are clueless as hell, here’s what you can do. Buy a red letter with a red envelope as well and write, “You are cordially invited to a seduction. Please wear your best and naughtiest attire. I will serve red wine on the side with chocolate-covered strawberries. We will have a long night of deep, intellectual and sensual conversations to start with.” Well, something like that should do. I’ve got to give credit to Neil Gaiman for that idea. He said so himself. If, by chance, the writer you are falling for RSVP-ed to the invite, well, let the party begin.
2. TAKE THEM TO PLACES WHERE THEIR MINDS WILL BE STIMULATED
– Places such as cafés, restaurants, museums, libraries, parks, movies and theatres should ought to tickle their fancy (don’t ever think of the double entendre). These places could help them to think about the next scene they could come up with. And who knows, they will use you as the love interest or the main character of their work. Of course, they would love it if the tabs on you. Some writers are poor as well, unless they’re Stephen King or J. K. Rowling.
3. SAY A VERSE OF ANY POEM OR LINE IN ANY BOOK THEM- Writers read a lot and know much any poem or novel with compelling lines or verses. So, memorize a Shakespeare verse or any line in any novel, and they’re yours to keep. Hearing them are music to their ears.
4. GIVE THEM A BOOK-RELATED PRESENT- Bookmarks, fountain or calligraphy pen, felted paper, notepads are the possible gifts you could give to the writers you are in love with. However, they’ll love it even more if you give them a Harry Potter merchandise or a book from their favourite author. Trust me, writers love the cedar-scent of a book. They’ll love you to the moon and back if you even get them to see their favourite author in person.
So, there you have it! These are the suggestions I can give you with seducing a writer. I wish you good luck in capturing the writer’s heart. Because, I swear, you’re going to need an army or the force for that writer to see your effort. Good luck!
Source: How to Seduce a Writer